What happens if my complaint is sustained?

That will depend on the allegation. When the investigation of a complaint reveals the charges are true and should be sustained against the police employee, the department may take one or more of the following actions depending on the nature of the violation:

  • Additional Training
  • Performance Counseling
  • Suspension or Termination
  • Written Reprimand
  • Oral Reprimand

For more information, contact us at 972-625-1887.

Show All Answers

1. If I have a complaint, who do I talk to? ... and will you really listen?
2. But, I want to take this all the way to the top. Will the Chief of Police to know?
3. Do I have to initially complain in person?
4. Is there a time limit for making a complaint?
5. Do I have to put my complaint in writing?
6. Can I get in trouble for making a complaint?
7. What are the possible outcomes of the investigation?
8. What happens if my complaint is sustained?
9. What happens if my complaint is not substantiated?
10. Will I be told the results of the complaint?
11. Will I have to take a polygraph?
12. What if I'm not satisfied with the decision?