News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/2/2020 7:50:00 AM to 11/2/2020 7:52:07 AM.
Home - Spotlights
Posted on: September 8, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Election 2020 Information
Voter registration info, early voting dates, polling-place procedures, and more.
City Council Election
- The Denton County Elections Administration has provided the public with a wealth of details about polling procedures, voting options, and other useful tips for the upcoming general election.
- Curbside Voting: If a voter is physically unable to enter the polling place, he or she may ask that an election officer bring a ballot to the entrance of the polling place or to a car at parked at the curbside. After the voter marks the ballot, they will give it to the election officer, who will put it in the ballot box. Or, at the voter’s request, a companion may hand the voter a ballot and deposit it for him or her.
- Tips for voters with disabilities: If you plan to go alone to vote curbside, it is wise to call ahead so election officials will expect you. Please call 940-349-3200. Voters may vote curbside during the early voting period or on Election Day.
- Mail In or Drop Off Ballots: This is the ONLY drop off location in Denton County. The drop box is on the south side of building. Signs are visible to drivers.
Denton County Elections
701 Kimberly Drive
Denton, Texas 76208
- Early voting took place Oct. 13-30. Hours vary by day. Voters may cast ballots at any early voting location. There are three early voting locations in The Colony:
- City of The Colony Annex Building, 6804 Main St.;
- Golf Clubs at The Tribute, 1001 Lebanon Road; and,
- Cascades Conference Center at Fairfield Marriott, 5909 Stone Creek Drive
- The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 3, 2020, General Election is Oct. 5, 2020.