The City of The Colony has made adjustments to several Parks & Recreation facility closures that take place effective Friday, June 19.
Effective at 8:00am on Friday, June 19, The Colony Parks & Recreation Department will reopen all park amenities, including playgrounds, basketball courts, pavilions, etc. All amenities will be available to use at your own risk. RV and tent camping at Stewart Creek Park will remain closed until further notice.
Please be aware that it is impossible for the City to disinfect park amenities in a manner to completely eradicate the potential spread of viruses. All users are encouraged to follow best practices for personal protection, which includes maintaining social distance, frequently washing/sanitizing your hands, covering your coughs and sneezes, and staying home when sick.
Additionally, the following is a list of facilities and their status:
- Stewart Creek Park: Effective Wednesday, May 27, Stewart Creek Park reopened for vehicular traffic. Park operating hours increased to 7am – 9pm. Boat ramp operating hours is 24/7 access. The fishing pier is open with a modified capacity of 25 people at any one time. The park is available for day use only. No tent or RV camping is allowed at this time. Social distancing is encouraged throughout the park.
- The Colony Recreation Center: The recreation center will remain closed to the public until further notice. A modified summer camp program is operating at the Recreation Center from June 1 until August 7. To inquire about summer camp registration for boys and girls ages 6-12, please email email@example.com. A reopening date for the recreation center for other users will be announced at a later time.
- The Colony Senior/Community Center: The community center will remain closed to the public until further notice. A reopening date for the community center will be announced at a later time.
- The Colony Aquatic Park: The aquatic park will remain closed for public swim and most programming until further notice. Some small class size swim lessons begin June 22. Find more information at PlayTC.com.
- Local Parks & Trails: Effective June 19, all parks, park amenities and trails are now open.
- Athletic Fields and Complexes: Effective June 1, rentals of outdoor athletic fields for practices has resumed, so long as users follow the guidelines outlined by the State of Texas for such purposes. Effective June 15, rentals of outdoor athletic fields for games has resumed with the same stipulations.
As we have from the beginning, we encourage our residents to follow public health best practices regarding the spread of infectious diseases as outlined by Denton County Public Health and the CDC:
Stay tuned to our social media or the City website at TheColonyTX.gov for additional updates. #PlayTC #InThisTogether