The City of The Colony has made adjustments to several Parks & Recreation facility closures, taking into account the latest COVID-19 guidance from the State of Texas that was released on May 18.
Following is a list of facilities and their status:
- Stewart Creek Park: Beginning on Wednesday, May 27, Stewart Creek Park will reopen for vehicular traffic. Park operating hours will be increased to 7am – 9pm. Boat ramp operating hours will return to 24/7 access. Some park amenities, such as the group pavilion and the playground, will remain closed. The fishing pier will reopen with a modified capacity of 25 people at any one time. The park will be available for day use only. No tent or RV camping will be allowed at this time. Social distancing is encouraged throughout the park.
- The Colony Recreation Center: The recreation center will remain closed to the public until further notice. A modified summer camp program will operate at the Recreation Center beginning June 1 until August 7. A reopening date for the recreation center for other users will be announced at a later time.
- The Colony Senior/Community Center: The community center will remain closed to the public until further notice. A reopening date for the community center will be announced at a later time.
- The Colony Aquatic Park: The aquatic park will remain closed to the public until further notice. A reopening date for the aquatic park will be announced at a later time.
- Local Parks & Trails: Open space at local parks and all of our local trails remain open to the public. Most park amenities, including playgrounds, pavilions, basketball courts, water fountains, etc. remain closed until further notice. Specifically, the Bridges Park tennis courts, the Pawsome Playground Dog Park, the Bill Allen Memorial Park disc golf course, and the Wheel Zone Bike & Skate Park are all open. When utilizing park open space and trails, social distancing is encouraged.
- Athletic Fields and Complexes: Beginning June 1, rentals of outdoor athletic fields for practices will resume, so long as users follow the guidelines outlined by the State of Texas for such purposes. Beginning June 15, rentals of outdoor athletic fields for games will resume with the same stipulations.
As we have from the beginning, we encourage our residents to follow public health best practices regarding the spread of infectious diseases as outlined by Denton County Public Health and the CDC:
Stay tuned to our social media or the City website at TheColonyTX.gov for additional updates. #PlayTC #InThisTogether