In response to concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 in North Texas, the City of The Colony is taking steps to minimize exposure in the community, which includes closing the Recreation Center and Community/Senior Center now through the month of March.
These steps are not taken lightly and come following the issuance of a local Disaster Declaration by Denton County Judge Andy Eads.
- The Colony Community/Senior Center will be closed following church services on Sunday, March 15, 2020.
- The Colony Recreation Center and The Colony Aquatic Park are closed and all programs suspended.
- The Colony Public Library will remain open for now but all programs are suspended.
- Lake Parks will remain open as they are considered low-threat areas but pavilion rentals are suspended.
As we have from the beginning, we encourage our residents to follow public-health best practices regarding the spread of infectious diseases as outlined by Denton County Public Health and the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose to reduce the spread of germs
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth.
More information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/