With the relocation of Liberty By The Lake festivities this year, the City of The Colony wants to inform all residents about road closures and potential traffic delays motorists may encounter on Thursday, July 4, in The Colony.
The Liberty 5K/10K/1M has been relocated to the LISD Natatorium, 5729 Memorial Drive, The Colony:
- Memorial Drive, westbound between Morning Star and South Colony, will have one lane closed from approximately 4:30 to 10 a.m. Memorial Drive eastbound will remain open.
- All intersections where the race route crosses will experience delays during the run (approximately 7:45 to 10 a.m.) as vehicular traffic is stopped to allow for runners to safely pass by. Traffic will be allowed to continue through intersections when it is safe to do so.
- All runners (5K and 10K) will pass by homes on Bear Run and North Colony, and 10K runners will pass by homes on Day Spring and Rolling Hill during the second loop of their race.
- The race route for the 5K and 10K utilizes the HOA trail from Rockwood Drive to North Colony. If possible, please avoid utilizing the trail from 8 to 10 a.m.. At the very least, please be aware that there will be a lot of runners passing by.
- A “runners-only” lane will be coned off on the west side of Morning Star Drive from North Colony to Memorial Drive. However, traffic will continue to flow in both directions with southbound traffic using one lane only.
- Race workers, volunteers and The Colony Police Officers will be positioned throughout the race route to help manage traffic (both runner and vehicular), ensure everyone’s safety, and to help expedite your entry or exit from the neighborhood that morning.
- Race routes can be found here.
The Independence Day Parade will take place along the normal parade route, from Peters Colony Elementary School to The Colony High School:
- Nash Drive, between John Yates and Blair Oaks, will be closed from approximately 10 to 10:30 a.m. to allow for the parade to pass by.
- Blair Oaks, from Nash to The Colony High School, will have closures from approximately 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. to allow for the parade to pass by.
- The Colony Police Officers will be positioned throughout the parade route to help manage traffic, ensure everyone’s safety, and to help expedite your entry or exit from the area that morning.
- More information about the parade can be found here.
The Liberty By The Lake festival has been relocated to The Colony Five Star Complex, 4100 Blair Oaks Drive, The Colony:
- Blair Oaks, between the teacher’s parking lot on the north side of The Colony High School to the south parking lot at the Five Star Complex, will be closed between 3 and 11 p.m. to allow for the safe crossing of pedestrians between event parking at the high school and the event itself at the Five Star Complex.
- Memorial Drive, between Paige Road and Blair Oaks, will be closed between 9:30 and 10:15 p.m. to ensure everyone’s safety during the fireworks display at the Liberty By The Lake festival.
- More information about the festival can be found here.
We hope to see everyone on July 4th as the community celebrates the holiday at Liberty By The Lake!