The Colony Public Library has partnered with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Tackle Loaner Program to bring residents and visitors the opportunity to check out fishing rods and tackle.
- Rods and tackle are available for free checkout to an ADULT library card holder.
- Customers MUST complete the Tackle Loaner Borrower Agreement and Participant Info EACH time rods/tackle are checked out.
- Maximum of 4 fishing rods/2 tackles checked out per ADULT card. (Minors can use with adult checkout and supervision.)
- Maximum 7-day checkout; NO RENEWALS.
- Staff only should remove rods from the stand.
- All rods/tackle should be returned directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
- Restitution fees will be assessed if rods/tackle are lost or damaged (rods $20; tackle box $3)
- Anyone born after 1931 who is 17 and over MUST have a fishing license to fish in Texas public waterways, including city parks.
- A Texas Fishing License can be purchased at most Walmart stores, including The Colony and Frisco (Stonebrook). A one-day license for Texas residents is $11 through 8/2019.
- For more information visit Texas Parks and Wildlife.
NEARBY PUBLIC FISHING:
- Lions Club Park – 4800 Nash Dr, The Colony (catch & release only)
- Scout Park – 4177 North Colony, The Colony (catch & release only)
- BB Owen Park – 5700 Squires Dr, The Colony (catch & release only)
Lewisville Lake (Park entrance fees apply):
Texas Parks & Wildlife offers more information on Lewisville Lake locations as well as more information about freshwater bag and length limits.
The closest locations for live bait are:
- Rapido Convenience Store – 7420 Main Street, The Colony
- Walmart Supercenter – 355 Stonebrook Parkway, Frisco
- Lakeview Bait – 1104 W. Eldorado Pkwy #200 Little Elm
Walmart also has lures and other fishing equipment for those who are interested.
For more information, contact The Colony Public Library at 972-625-1900, ext. 3.