The Colony Police Department has announced that it is joining the Neighbors app by Ring to provide the community with real-time, local crime and safety information.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
“We’re excited to have The Colony Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information," said Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring. "Over the past few years, we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors provides real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy."
How It Works
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here or by texting “TCPD”’ to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
For more information, contact The Colony PD at 972-625-1887.