Make an Appointment
Fill out the online form to Book-A-Librarian or call the Library at 972-625-1900, ext. 3, to make an appointment with Library staff. Bring a flash drive containing your .STL file to your appointment.
What to Expect
- Staff will provide a print time estimate and total cost. Time needed to complete a printed object depends on the size and complexity of the item as well as staff availability to run the machine. Typically a print will be completed within 2-3 days.
- Cost is determined by the weight of the finished project: $0.10/gram; $1 minimum.
- Users will be notified when the print is complete and ready for pick-up.
- Objects will be held for pick-up for 7 days at the Reference Desk.
- Certain designs may not be compatible with our machine.
Online 3D Design Resources
You can create your own 3D designs using the following free and readily available software:
You can also search for and download predesigned 3D object files on Thingiverse.