In the wake of the recent winter storm, trash/recycling collection for Tuesday and Wednesday was cancelled. Thursday's route is being collected on Friday, Feb. 3; Friday's route will be collected Saturday, Feb. 4.
Trash/recycling collection delays
- Collections for Tuesday, Jan. 31, and Wednesday, Feb. 1, are cancelled. Normal operations will resume next week. However, Monday, Feb. 6, is bulk-collection day for those with Tuesday/Wednesday routes, so extra bags may be left out for pickup as necessary.
- Collection for Thursday, Feb. 2, is delayed to Friday, Feb. 3;
- Collection for Friday, Feb. 3, is delayed to Saturday, Feb. 4.
We will provide any additional updates to schedule as necessary. We appreciate your continued patience.
Should your power go out, report the outage to your utility provider, which would be either Oncor or CoServ:
To help conserve energy, our partners at CoServ suggest:
- Setting your thermostat to 68 or lower, and,
- Turning down your water heater temperature setting to warm (120 degrees F).
Residents experiencing a winter-weather crisis and in need of shelter or assistance may contact The Colony Police Department non-emergency number at 972-625-1887. Dispatchers will connect residents with local social-service representatives.
The Salvation Army of Lewisville also responds to cold weather crises by providing warming stations throughout DFW. Visit their website for a list of area shelters. The Lewisville Corps Community Center is open as a day inclement weather shelter; while providing support to Relevant Life Church in Lewisville, an overnight cold weather shelter available as determined by City of Lewisville officials. More information is available on their website and social media.