3D Printing & More
How it works:
- Bring your .STL file, saved on a flash drive, to the library Reference Desk any time during our regular open hours.
- Each component/object should be saved as one file and each file will be printed in a single color ABS plastic filament. We are unable to offer other filament types at this time.
- Color availability is subject to change but the library frequently carries the following: white, black, gray, blue, red, and yellow. Please ask to see our current color selection when your file is dropped off.
- Objects must be smaller than 9" x 9" x 9"
- The cost is 10¢ per gram of plastic filament, with a $1 minimum. The total cost is determined by the weight of the completed object. An estimate can be provided before printing begins but the final weight/cost may vary.
- Objects are typically completed within 2-3 business days but can take longer depending on the size and complexity of the object(s), the number of pending 3D prints in the queue, and the availability of library staff able to run the machine.
- Once your object is completed, the library will contact you to let you know your item is ready for pickup. Objects will be held for 7 days at the Circulation Desk near the Library's front entrance.
Things to consider:
- Certain designs may not work on our machine and/or filament type. If an object fails after three attempts, the library will not be able to complete that particular design.
- Library staff is unable to modify designs or fix broken files.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any design at the discretion of library staff.
Online 3D Design Resources
You can create your own 3D designs using the following free and readily available software:
You can also search for and download predesigned 3D object files on Thingiverse.