Resources N through S
- New York Times: Full text articles from the New York Times.
To access the New York Times inside the Library (either through our public computers or using out WiFi) you may go directly to NYTIMES.COM. Outside of the library, you must access the New York Times through this link and activate the gift code that is automatically generated. This code will allow you access to unlimited articles for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you will need to return to this page and follow the same link to obtain another gift code. A non-subscription account with the New York Times is required.
- North Texas Libraries on the Go for Books and Audiobooks: Fiction and nonfiction audio books and eBooks, which may be downloaded to a computer and a variety of devices. Check out items with your Library card identification. Over 15,000 public domain eBooks are also available at this site; you do not need a Library card to download these items.
- North Texas Libraries On the Go for Magazines and Comic Books Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Novelist: Subjects, reviews and annotations for thousands of fiction titles, plus author read-alikes, genre lists and more. Log in with your Library card identification.
- OCLC WorldCat: The world's largest library catalog-find items in libraries near you.
- P4A Antiques Reference: Everything you want to know about antiques, fine art and collectibles-pictures, descriptions and selling prices. Log in with your Library card identification.
- PowerKnowledge Earth and Space Science: Earth and space science including ecosystems, energy, rocks and minerals, weather and saving the Earth, geared to Grades 3 through 6.
- PowerKnowledge Life Science: Life science including animals, plants, the human body, life cycles and habitats, geared to Grades 3 through 6.
- PowerKnowledge Physical Science: Physical science including atoms and molecules, energy and matter, the periodic table, force, motion and temperature, geared to Grades 3 through 6.
- PressReader: PressReader is the best place to read newspapers and magazines from around the globe. Subscribers get access to more than 7,000 of the world's top publications as soon as they are available on shelves.
- ProCitizen: An online course to prepare you for the reading and writing parts of the USCIS Naturalization Test. This course is free to Library card-holders.
- Proquest African American Heritage: This genealogy resource focuses exclusively on resources devoted to African American family history research.
- Proquest Agricultural and Environmental Science Database: This offers full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, and government publications. It also includes the renowned AGRICOLA and TOXLINE databases and content previously available in ESPM (Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Proquest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database: Here, you will find a full text and A&I database covering the latest developments in high technology, computer science, aerospace, artificial intelligence, energy science, information science, and many others. The Computer Science Database is also included in this collection. Featuring a large and growing set of ongoing full-text publications, the Computer Science Database supports the needs of students and faculty in the fast-growing fields of information technology, computer science, cybersecurity, and other related fields.
- Proquest Biological Science Database: This database includes the renowned Biological Sciences, MEDLINE, and TOXLINE databases and provides full-text titles from around the world including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more.
- Proquest Earth, Atmospheric & Aerospace Database: This database includes the Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts, and Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts databases, and provides full-text titles from around the world including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more.
- Proquest GeoRef Database: The GeoRef database covers the geology of North America from 1669 to the present and the geology of the rest of the world from 1933 to the present. The database includes references to all publications of the U.S. Geological Survey. Masters' theses and doctoral dissertations from US and Canadian universities are also covered.
- Proquest Historical Newspapers: The Austin American-Statesman: The AustinAmericanStatesman (Historical) includes searchable articles from Austin, Texas, newspapers for the years 1871-1980. Articles display in PDF format.
- Proquest Materials Science & Engineering Database: The Materials Science & Engineering Database includes the renowned METADEX, Copper and Polymer Library databases and provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings and government publications.
- Proquest Military Database: The Military Database covers topics across all government and military branches, including international relations, political science, criminology, defense, aeronautics and space flight, communications, civil engineering, and more.
- Proquest Natural Science Collection: The Natural Science Collection covers comprehensive scholarly output and features these three databases: Agricultural & Environmental Science Database; Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database; Biological Science Database.
- Proquest Technology Collection: The Technology Collection combines the Materials Science Collection, the Engineering Collection, and the Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Collection into a vast and reliable source of interdisciplinary information across multiple areas of study including computer science, engineering, energy, chemistry, materials science, optics, mathematics, and physics.
- Reference Solutions: Reference Solutions contains data access to 44 million businesses and 273 million consumers including a white pages directory. This database updates monthly to maintain the most up to date data.
- Science In Context: Online resource providing contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics..