Resources A through G
1 - 100
- 20th Century American Poetry: A collection of 50,000 poems from over 300 poets.
- 20th Century English Poetry: A collection of poetry by 283 poets.
- Access World News Research Collection: Explore and stay informed on local, national, and international topics, people, and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources from around the world to around the corner. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device. This resource provides access to The Colony Courier Leader, America’s News Magazines, and much more.
- African-American History Online: Thousands of cross-referenced entries, covering the entire spectrum of African-American history over the past 500 years.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Start searching billions of records and discover your family story. This site is only available at the library. Remote access is not available. In-library use only.
- A to Z Food America: A to Z Food America contains recipes in all course categories (appetizers, soups, salads, breads, main courses, side dishes, desserts, snacks, and beverages) for six US regions, all 50 states, 33 ethnic cuisines and more. Log in remotely of your TCPL Library card number.
- A to Z Maps Online: Maps Online™ is the world’s largest collection of royalty-free, downloadable maps for schools. Students, teachers, and administrators can use our more than 60,000 maps in school reports, lesson plans, and personal research projects. Log in remotely of your TCPL Library card number.
- A to Z World Food: A to Z World Food is the only food database that contains traditional recipes for 174 countries of the world in all course categories: appetizers, soups, salads, breads, main courses, side dishes, desserts, and beverages. A to Z World Food is also the only database that covers food culture for 174 countries of the world in six categories: National Cuisine, Regional Cuisine, Daily Meals, Dining Etiquette, Special Occasion Foods, and Food Trivia. Log in remotely of your TCPL Library card number.
- Britannica Image Quest: Access more than two million images that are rights-cleared for educational use by students, teachers and schools. Log in with your Library card identification.
- Chilton Library: Detailed auto repair information, service and recall notices for your make and model.
- The Colony Courier Leader (via NewsBank): After selecting this link, you will be in America’s News where on the right side of the screen is a link to the local newspaper - The Colony Courier Leader.
- Creative Bug:Free video workshops and classes taught by experts on painting, sewing, knitting and more for all skill levels.
- Directory of Open Access Journals: Indexing, abstracting, and free full text access for selected international scholarly journals in many subject areas.
- Driving-Tests.org: Practice tests and handbooks for Texas Learner’s Permits, Motorcycle Permits and Commercial Drivers License.
- eBook Collection: A rich collection of ebooks covering a variety of topics that you can read on a computer or transfer to a variety of devices. Log in with your Library card identification. You can browse by topic if you click on the Ebooks link at the top of this page.
- Ebook Central: Ebook Central provides authoritative, full-text e-books in a wide range of subject areas along with powerful tools to find, use, and manage the information.
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Latest information on a world of topics; includes a children’s version. Log in with your Library card identification.
- E-Read Texas: The E-Read Texas program will bring electronic book (e-book) access to Texans served by small community libraries using the SimplyE app. Currently, this service can only be accessed through the app, and not through a website. Find the SimplyE app in the Play Store for Android devices, and the App Store for Apple devices.
- FirstSearch: Contains all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries worldwide. Access through the Library catalog.
- Fold3 Library Edition: Powered by Ancestry, this resource offers a premier collection of nearly 500 million military records from the U.S. and around the world.
- Gale Academic OneFile with Select OneFile Collections: Gale’s premier periodical resource, Gale Academic OneFile, provides millions of articles from over 17,000 scholarly journals and other authoritative sources—including thousands of podcasts and transcripts from NPR and CNN as well as videos from BBC Worldwide Learning.
- Gale Books and Authors: For many patrons, finding a book that interests them can be time-consuming. Match their reading interests with Gale Books and Authors, a reader’s advisory database that makes finding a great read much less challenging. With fun ways to browse, an intuitive design, read-alikes, reviews, award winners and themed book lists, and more this resource answers the age-old question, “What do I read next?”
- Gale Business: Entrepreneurship: Gale Business: Entrepreneurship is a comprehensive database that covers all aspects of starting and operating a business, including accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more.
- Gale Business Insights Global: With over 460,000 company profiles, including 2,000 with deep links to related content and relative statistical data, this resource provides daily updates to keep up with the ever-changing corporate landscape. Additionally, full-text periodicals combined with new and updated content allow researchers to gain a broader understanding of the increasingly global nature of modern business.
- Gale Business: Plan Builder: Take a step-by-step approach to completing your business plan and position yourself for success. Explore your interests and determine your best opportunities. If you are a non-profit, learn the elements you need to know to write bylaws, secure funding, and build your organization.
- Gale Courses: Online instructor-led classes in career and personal development, technology and web design, health, teaching, photography and more. Click on the title to view the catalog of courses.
- Gale General OneFile: Our largest general-interest periodical resource, General OneFile allows researchers to find the information they want quickly. With intuitive searching that mirrors Internet searches, users can easily tap into sources that are guaranteed for quality.
- Gale Health and Wellness: What dietary habits are associated with developing adult-onset diabetes? Are antioxidants really effective? What new advances have been made in the treatment of HIV/ AIDS? Gale Health and Wellness is your first-stop resource for answers to these and other health-related questions.
- Gale In Context: Biography: Gale In Context: Biography is an engaging experience for those seeking contextual information on the world's most influential people. Organized into a user-friendly portal experience, it merges Gale's authoritative reference content, including Lives & Perspectives, with periodicals and multimedia.
- Gale In Context: College: Learners can access news content including full-text newspapers and periodicals like The Economist, The New York Times, National Geographic, Newsweek, Popular Science, Smithsonian, and more. Empower learning and critical thinking with hundreds of thousands of images, videos, and audio selections that include archival film clips, broadcast video, BBC News, New York Times video, and NPR.
- Gale In Context: Elementary: Elementary school resources like Gale In Context: Elementary give children a safe place to find answers to their questions, practice research skills, and explore interests inside and outside the classroom. It also gives teachers access to digital resources that can supplement and enhance in-person and online instruction.
- Gale In Context: Environmental Studies: Integrating case studies, news, reference materials, academic journals, videos, and more, Environmental Studies is updated daily with relevant information. The resource offers nearly 400 topic, state, and province pages across the science, social studies, and humanities curriculum, including Water Privatization, Ecotourism, Air Pollution, Green Economy, and more.
- Gale In Context: High School: Gale In Context: High School offers cross-curricular content that supports national and state curriculum standards and reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation. Explore topics within business and economics, geography, government, history, literature, science and health, social issues, and more.
- Gale In Context: Middle School: Created specifically for middle school students, Gale In Context: Middle School combines the best of Gale's reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Categories cover a range of the most-studied topics including cultures, government, people, U.S. and world history, literature, and many more.
- Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints: Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints is the premier online resource covering today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration to marijuana. This cross-curricular resource supports science, social studies, current events, and language arts classes. Informed, differing views help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions.
- Gale In Context: Science: Integrating millions of full-text articles that include national and global publications, 200+ science experiments, 300+ interactive simulations, other multimedia, and top reference content, Science is updated daily and offers over 600 pages on topics across the curriculum, covering biology, chemistry, earth and environmental science, physics, and more.
- Gale Interactive Science: Imagine what it would be like to learn complex science concepts with more confidence and less fear. Gale Interactive: Science is a virtual lab that gives students in middle and high school grades the power to see beyond static text and embrace learning outside of the classroom. Students can entertain their curiosity and inspire grade improvement through an experience that allows zooming in, rotating, or pulling models apart to explore and experiment with complex scientific topics.
- Gale Legal Forms: Gale welcomes you to the most extensive free forms site available to library patrons. Thousands of legal forms available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues.
- Gale Literature Resource Center: This resource is Gale’s most current, comprehensive, and reliable online literature resource, offering the broadest and most representative range of authors and their works, including a deep collection of full-text critical and literary analysis for literary studies.
- Gale Literature: LitFinder: This resource provides access to a wealth of literary works and secondary-source materials covering world literature and authors throughout history. Including more than 132,000 full-text poems and 670,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays.
- Gale Literature: Scribner Writer Series: The Scribner Writer Series provides students, teachers, and other researchers access to works of important authors from around the world and from all time periods. Each entry includes a concise essay and biographical information that places the author's work in personal and historical context.
- Gale Literature:Twayne's Author Series: With this resource, you have an ideal starting point for research papers on literary works and figures, special projects and presentations. Students can quickly gain results by searching for a specific author, combining search criteria for a more complex search, or exploring thematic and chronological topics.
- Gale OneFile: Agriculture: With broad coverage of agriculture and its related fields, this collection provides a comprehensive view of a growing body of knowledge. Researchers will have access to current and authoritative periodical content that spans the industry—from practical aspects of farming to cutting-edge scientific research in horticulture.
- Gale OneFile: Business: A comprehensive business resource for the undergraduate researcher seeking company news, the public library patron making personal investment decisions, or the high school student looking to major in business administration, Gale OneFile: Business provides full-text coverage of all business disciplines including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and strategy, as well as business theory and practice.
- Gale OneFile: Communications and Mass Media: Nearly 3 million articles on all aspects of the communications field, including advertising, public relations, linguistics, and literature, meet the needs of researchers.
- Gale OneFile: Computer Science: The database includes more than 600 journals and periodicals, providing information on computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications, and the application of technology.
- Gale OneFile: Contemporary Women's Issues: The database offers comprehensive coverage of issues that influence women’s lives across the globe, by providing access to current full text and pertinent backfile content covering topics including civil rights, health, education, professional development, and entrepreneurship.
- Gale OneFile: Criminal Justice: Gale OneFile: Criminal Justice informs the research process for researchers who are studying law, law enforcement, or terrorism, training for paralegal service, preparing for a career in homeland security, delving into forensic science, investigating crime scenes, developing policy, going to court, writing sociological reports, and much more.
- Gale OneFile: Culinary Arts: Gale OneFile: Culinary Arts offers a smorgasbord of information—more than five million articles from more than 250 major cooking and nutrition magazines, as well as book reference content from Delmar such as About Wine, Introduction to Catering, Advanced Bread and Pastry, and Eat Fit Be Fit.
- Gale OneFile: Diversity Studies: A must-have for social science, history, and liberal arts coursework, the Gale OneFile: Diversity Studies explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in the global community.
- Gale OneFile: Economics and Theory: Content is useful for starting a business, marketing a product, developing policy, analyzing trends, constructing economic models, investing for the future, researching rates, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Educator's Reference Complete: This collection of more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports seeks to provide full text for titles in the ERIC database and covers multiple levels of education from preschool to college, and every educational specialty—such as technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing. It also provides insight on issues in administration, funding, and policy.
- Gale OneFile: Entrepreneurship: Ideal for business schools and entrepreneurs, Gale OneFile: Entrepreneurship is updated daily and provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories. Users find more than 500 subject-appropriate, active, full-text periodicals.
- Gale OneFile: Environmental Studies and Policy: This resource answers inquiries about environmental concerns with coverage of more than 5.4 million articles from more than 300 journals and book reference content from Delmar, including Soil, Science, and Management; Introduction to Agronomy; Food, Crops, & Environment; Fundamental Soil Science; and more.
- Gale OneFile: Fine Arts: Gale OneFile: Fine Arts places millions of articles at the fingertips of serious students of drama, music, art history, and filmmaking.
- Gale OneFile: Gardening and Horticulture: Find millions of articles on the practical and scientific aspects of horticulture studies. For all horticultural enthusiasts.
- Gale OneFile: Gender Studies: Gale OneFile: Gender Studies provides balanced coverage of this significant aspect of culture and society. The database offers access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine: With more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries, Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine ensures that researchers get current, scholarly, comprehensive answers to health-related questions.
- Gale OneFile: High School Edition: Gale OneFile: High School Edition is designed for middle- and high-school students and provides access to age-appropriate, authoritative digital content for classroom assignments.
- Gale OneFile: Home Improvement: Search home improvement topics such as architectural techniques, tool and material selection, zoning requirements, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Hospitality and Tourism: The database offers current and relevant content that provides well-rounded coverage of both the historical and current state of affairs in the hospitality and tourism industries. The curious traveler will also find a wealth of information, from contents on state parks and information on planning a vacation to full-text travel guides from Fodor's.
- Gale OneFile: Information Science: Library science students, information science and technology professionals, and others will value the Gale OneFile: Information Science. It is updated daily with articles covering all aspects of managing and maintaining information and technology, including usability, cataloging, circulation, business information, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Informe Académico: This resource meets the research needs of Spanish-speaking users with a wide range of full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America.
- Gale OneFile: Insurance and Liability: Protection of assets—physical or intellectual—is a concern for those ranging from the individual property owner to multinational corporations. This resource connects researchers to hundreds of thousands of updated articles from leading journals, including: Business Insurance, Claims, Employee Benefit News, National Underwriter Life & Health, Pensions & Investments, Risk Management, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Leadership and Management: Provides access to authoritative periodical content covering topics such as 21st-century skills, organizational dynamics and leadership, adult learning and continuing education, and more. Updated daily, this library resource is useful for researchers or any professional interested in career development.
- Gale OneFile: Military and Intelligence: Provide military personnel with access to scholarly journals, magazines, and reports covering all aspects of the past and present military affairs. Updated annually, this library resource contains hand-selected content supporting key subject areas such as, governmental policies, the socioeconomic effects of war, the structure of the armed forces, and more.
- Gale OneFile: News: This innovative full-text newspaper resource allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. Gale OneFile: News provides access to more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
- Gale OneFile: Nursing and Allied Health: Provide access to authoritative content including full-text titles cited in CINAHL supporting specialized care, treatment, and patient management.
- Gale OneFile: Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine: Gale OneFile: Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine provides access to academic journals and magazines covering the fields of physical therapy, physical fitness, and sports medicine. The database offers a wide spectrum of information, including proven treatment techniques, experimental research, and more.
- Gale OneFile: Pop Culture Studies: This resource provides access to scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture. The database offers useful information for researchers in social science, history, art or liberal arts courses.
- Gale OneFile: Popular Magazines: Gale OneFile: Popular Magazines provides access to the most searched magazines across the OneFile products. All of the titles are selected based on actual publication searches performed by library patrons and the database includes many titles recommended by Bowker's "Magazines for Libraries."
- Gale OneFile: Psychology: Provide access to authoritative periodical content supporting research in all fields of psychology— abnormal, biological, cognitive, comparative, developmental, personality, quantitative, social and all areas of applied psychology. Researchers, psychologists, counselors, and behavioral scientists will discover relevant information from the thoughts, views, discoveries, and reports found in this comprehensive collection.
- Gale OneFile: Religion and Philosophy: Discover a comprehensive collection of periodical content covering topics across a wide range of philosophies and religions. Researchers will gain valuable insight about the impact religion has had on culture throughout history, including literature, arts, and language. Updated daily, this library resource supports a broad range of topics from theological approaches to social issues.
- Gale OneFile: Science: With the Gale OneFile: Science, researchers can remain current with the latest scientific developments in particle physics, advanced mathematics, nanotechnology, geology, and hundreds of other areas.
- Gale OneFile: US History: Provides access to scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. Updated daily, this library resource offers balanced coverage of events in U.S. history and scholarly work established in the field.
- Gale Online Learning Portal: This portal is a central hub for our Gale adult learning resources - Udemy and Gale Courses - and helps you find the resource that best meets your learning goals. User-intuitive tags allow you to explore and compare resources based on your goals. When you choose a goal, only relevant resources and information will display.
- Gale Presents: National Geographic Kids: Engage kids and young students to broaden their educational horizons with reputable, special, authoritative, and age-appropriate digital content that brings them the world in a way they have never seen before. Gale Presents: National Geographic Kids will take them on amazing adventures in science, nature, wildlife, culture, geography, archaeology, and space.
- Gale Presents: Udemy: Gale Presents: Udemy* offers thousands of high-quality, on-demand video courses taught by world-class instructors across 75 categories for upskilling in the areas of business, technology, and design. Your patrons can also achieve personal success with courses on health and well-being, the arts, language learning, and more.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: A collection of reference ebooks that includes literature, history, science, law, business, medicine and more, that you can browse and read on your computer.
6800 Main Street
The Colony, TX 75056
Alternative Phone Numbers
Circulation Desk: 972-625-1900, ext. 2
Reference Desk: 972-625-1900, ext. 3
Administration: 972-625-1900, ext. 4
Tuesday - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Closed