Alcoholic Beverage Sales

The City of The Colony allows on and off-premise alcoholic beverage sales, including the sale of mixed beverages.  The city’s ordinance also allows late hours alcoholic beverage sales.  Restrictions for locations are established in the city’s zoning ordinance and a Specific Use Permit is required through the city’s Development Services Department.

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission issues state permits for alcohol sales, including temporary permits. The TABC applications must be certified by the City Secretary prior to submission. The application packets and additional information for obtaining state licenses are available on the TABC website.

Local Fees

Additionally, the city collects local fees which are the equivalent of one-half of the state fees required for alcoholic beverage sales licenses. Fees are collected at the time the permit application is certified by the city secretary and at the time the permit is renewed.

Additional Information

For more information contact The Colony City Secretary's office. For information on obtaining a specific use permit contact the Planning department.