Water Usage Facts
- Toilet Flush = 5 to 7 Gallons
- Shower = 25 to 50 Gallons
- Handwashing = 2 Gallons with Running Tap
- Toothbrushing = 2 Gallons with Running Tap
- Outdoor Watering = 5 to 10 Gallons per Minute
- Automatic Dishwasher = 10 Gallons
- Dishwashing by Hand = 20 Gallons
- Tub Bath = 36 Gallons
To Save on Some of These Water Uses Everyday
- Use brooms to sweep the sidewalk, not a water hose.
- Position sprinklers so they only water the lawn, not the sidewalk.
- Toilets are the biggest water-wasters. Low-flush or air-assisted toilets cut toilet water up to 90%, or put a brick in your tank!
- Turn off water while you are brushing your teeth, washing your hands or even scraping dishes.