The Colony Animal Control wishes to remind residents of a state law that went into effect in September of 2007. This law is titled “Unlawful Restraint of Dog” and can be found in Chapter 821 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, Subchapter D, Sec. 821.077.
A dog may not be tied outside under any of the following conditions:
- Between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM
- Within 500 feet of a school
- When the temperature is below 32 degrees
- When a heat advisory has been issued
- With a choke or pinch/prong type collar
- With an improperly fitting nylon collar
For more information, or to have an Animal Control Officer perform a complimentary fitting of your pet’s collar, please call 972-370-9250.